At Cobblestone Energy we’re on a mission to build the best European electricity trading and analytics platform, with our products being used by our teams of commercial traders trading in markets across Europe. As part of our Technology team, you'll work on exciting challenges that come with large-scale data traffic, analytics and data processing and the building of support applications to distribute our processed data.
We work in an agile and highly collaborative environment and challenge the norms of traditional business leadership. We're looking for enthusiastic and resourceful backend engineers who are passionate about building reliable & scalable software solutions. You want to help teams make data-informed decisions and take data-informed actions, you have a curious mindset, and you are motivated to understand our business better.
Technologies we use in the backend:
- Languages: Python, Java.
- Databases: PostgreSQL, MongoDB.
- Messaging and Stream Processing: ActiveMQ, Apache Spark& Kafka.
- Delivery and Orchestration: Docker, Virtualization.
- Other services: AWS S3, AWS EC2.
- CI & CD: Bitbucket + Bash & Python
- Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain and improve data processing software applications.
- Take part in architectural decision making for new and existing projects.
- Understanding development lifecycle and collaborate with cross-project agile teams.
- Development and deployment of web-hosted data delivery applications.
- Create data warehouses that fetch data from the internet in varying formats and store it for internal use by our teams.
- Good experience with using Python and-or Java for data processing use-cases, design patterns and architecture solutions with at-least 2 years experience building highly scalable and reliable solutions.
- Strong experience working with Data transport technologies including Message brokers, APIs and Web sockets.
- Good knowledge and application of OOP, Design Patterns, and SOLID Principles.
- Production environment Experience working with relational databases such as PostgreSQL.
- Good Experience deploying applications on the cloud using the cloud platform tools with Containerization, configuration management and infrastructure automation.
- Experience with unit, integration, functional testing, continuous integration, and Test Driven Development.
- Pragmatic engineer who avoids overengineering of solutions and understands how to maintain a high-quality of code in a delivery-focused environment.
- A desire to work in a respectful, transparent, and transparent work environment that values initiative and innovation using a Flat team structure and open communication.
- Experience with Redis and Cache management systems.
- Experience with distributed Data processing tools like Hadoop, Apache Spark, Kafka.
- Experience with distributed architectures and microservices.
- Experience with cloud services (e.g. AWS, GCP, Azure), Containerization, configuration management and infrastructure automation.
- Experience building automation tools that execute based on Realtime market data and insight.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Working with a brilliant, accomplished and diverse international team.
- A chance to gain knowledge about commodity trading and participate in our core trading operations.
- A chance to grow your expertise in areas of Machine learning and Artificial intelligence as you apply them to our core operations.
We are open to hiring across and beyond East Africa, and willing to help in your visa application.
Please send your CV/resume with an optional cover letter and a link to your public git
profile / portfolio to
email@example.com with the subject: Backend Developer