At Cobblestone Energy we’re on a mission to build the best European electricity trading and analytics platform, with our products being used by our teams of commercial traders trading in markets across Europe. As our DevOps engineer, you'll work on the exciting challenges that come with deployment of highly stable, scalable and reliable data processing applications in a fast growing business.
We work in an agile and highly collaborative environment and challenge the norms of traditional business leadership. We're looking for a talented and resourceful DevOps developer who is passionate about deploying highly stable, scalable and reliable software solutions. You want to help teams automate infrastructure tasks with a knack for efficient system
- Ensure smooth and reliable operations of micro-services based systems.
- Drive infrastructure operations, by exploring new technologies and advocating for enhancement in infrastructure performance and reliability
- Automate processes leading to reduction in human intervention
- Develop/Upgrade our monitoring services including alerts and notifications upon predefined conditions and thresholds
- Report and solve issues with the Services and Infrastructure while collaborating with developer teams
- Build and extend our software delivery pipeline supporting continuous integration and delivery for multiple teams.
- Work as a dedicated DevOps resource with multiple development teams becoming the liaison between development and infrastructure.
- Strong understanding and working knowledge of AWS Services (e.g. EC2, RDS, ECS, EKS) and deploying applications on EC2 Linux environments.
- Strong Experience with Docker and Kubernetes.
- Experience with Nginx, Apache, PostgreSQL, MySQL, MongoDB, Redis.
- Familiarity with Bash and Python.
- Experience creating resilient CI/CD pipelines to allow our developers to build and deploy features quickly and reliably
- Familiarity with infrastructure automation tools (e.g Kubernetes, Mesos, Marathon, Terraform, Ansible) and Application Container (Docker/Rocket)
- Experience deploying Python and java applications as services.
- A desire to work in a respectful, transparent, and transparent work environment that values initiative and innovation using a Flat team structure and open communication.
- Clear communication skills and a diligent mindset: you consider documentation and reproducibility a critical feature, not a nice-to-have
- A constant will to learn and grow, and to share knowledge with others
WHAT WE OFFER
- Working with a brilliant, accomplished and diverse international team.
- A chance to directly contribute to the growth of our operations and profile through the delivery of critical technical solutions.
- A chance to work and grow with a very ambitious company and team.
We are open to hiring across and beyond East Africa, and willing to help in your visa application.
Please send your CV/resume with an optional cover letter and a link to your public git
profile / portfolio to
with the subject: DevOps Engineer