SENIOR BACKEND DEVELOPER
At Cobblestone Energy we’re on a mission to build the best European electricity trading and analytics platform, with our products being used by our teams of commercial traders trading in markets across Europe. As part of our Technology team, you'll work on exciting challenges that come with large-scale web traffic, analytics and data processing.
We work in an agile and highly collaborative environment and challenge the norms of traditional business leadership. We're looking for enthusiastic and resourceful backend engineers who are passionate about building highly reliable and performant data processing solutions. You want to help teams make data-informed decisions and take data-informed actions, you have a curious mindset, and you are motivated to understand our business better.
Technologies we use in the backend:
- Languages: Python, Java.
- Databases: PostgreSQL, MongoDB.
- Messaging and Stream Processing: ActiveMQ, Apache Spark& Kafka.
- Delivery and Orchestration: Docker, Virtualization.
- Other services: AWS S3, AWS EC2.
- CI & CD: Bitbucket + Bash & Python
- Take end-to-end responsibility for designing, building, and maintenance of batch and real-time data processing and web-hosted data delivery applications.
- You will create production grade Python/Java code and will implement solutions designed to handle incredibly high levels of traffic.
- Become an owner of a set of applications, be responsible for a given technical domain and participate in cross-project integrations processes with the Team.
- Choose and manage tools and technologies to build and support a highly performant data processing infrastructure.
- Be responsible for designing technical specs of projects, planning sprints and leading teams in building of solutions.
- Lead the timely deployment of highly stable and reliable data processing applications while ensuring that all necessary monitoring and backup solutions are in place.
- Continuously re-evaluate and implement new technologies to maximize quality and efficiency.
- Mentor other team members through pair programming, code reviews, and ad-hoc assistance.
- Strong experience with using Python and-or Java for data processing use-cases, design patterns and architecture solutions with at-least 4 years experience building highly scalable and reliable solutions.
- Strong experience working with Data transport technologies including Message brokers, APIs and Web sockets.
- Extensive knowledge of OOP, Design Patterns, and SOLID Principles.
- Strong Understanding of the Agile work methodology and ability to lead teams in the timely delivery of technological solutions.
- Strong Experience working with relational databases such as PostgreSQL.
- Good Experience deploying applications on the cloud using the cloud platform tools with Containerization, configuration management and infrastructure automation.
- Experience with unit, integration, functional testing, continuous integration, and Test Driven Development.
- Pragmatic engineer who avoids overengineering of solutions and understands how to maintain a high-quality of code in a delivery-focused environment.
- A desire to work in a respectful, transparent, and transparent work environment that values initiative and innovation using a Flat team structure and open communication.
- Experience with Redis and Cache management systems.
- Experience with distributed Data processing tools like Hadoop, Apache Spark, Kafka.
- Experience with distributed architectures and microservices.
- Experience with cloud services (e.g. AWS, GCP, Azure), Containerization, configuration management and infrastructure automation.
- Experience building automation tools that execute based on Realtime market data and insight.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Working with a brilliant, accomplished and diverse international team.
- A chance to gain knowledge about commodity trading and participate in our core trading operations.
- A chance to grow your expertise in areas of Machine learning and Artificial intelligence as you apply them to our core operations.
We are open to hiring across and beyond East Africa, and willing to help in your visa application.
Please send your CV/resume with an optional cover letter and a link to your public git
profile / portfolio to
email@example.com with the subject: Senior Developer