SENIOR DATA ENGINEER
At Cobblestone Energy we’re on a mission to build the best European electricity trading and analytics platform, with our products being used by our teams of commercial traders trading in markets across Europe. As part of our Technology team, you'll work on exciting challenges that come with large-scale data traffic, analytics and data processing.
We work in an agile and highly collaborative environment and challenge the norms of traditional business leadership. We're looking for enthusiastic and resourceful data engineers who are passionate about turning data into insights. You want to help teams make data-informed decisions and take data-informed actions, you have a curious mindset, and you are motivated to understand our business better.
- Take end-to-end responsibility for designing, building, and maintenance of batch and real-time data pipelines and data solutions.
- Choose and manage tools and technologies to build and support a robust data infrastructure.
- Be responsible for the data modelling and schema design of our data warehouse.
- Identify bottlenecks and improve the performance of all our data pipelines.
- Ensure all necessary monitoring and backup solutions are in place.
- Ensure the deployment of highly stable and reliable data processing applications.
- Be one of the primary points of contact within the organization for data pipelines, ETL processes, and complex queries required by the product or for business intelligence purposes.
- Mentor other team members through pair programming, code reviews, and ad-hoc assistance.
- Strong experience with data modelling for data warehousing use-cases, design patterns and architecture with at-least 4 years experience building highly scalable and secure robust solutions.
- Strong experience developing data mining tools for different formats of data including SQL, HTML, JSON, SOAP to XML.
- Strong Experience with Python, PostgreSQL, MongoDB and-or Amazon Redshift.
- Strong Knowledge of data visualization and reporting tools such as Tableau, D3.js
- Strong experience developing ETLs and data pipelines using Apache Spark and distributed streaming platforms such as Apache Kafka or Amazon Kinesis.
- Experience with end-to-end testing of data pipelines.
- A desire to work in a respectful, transparent, and transparent work environment that values initiative and innovation using a Flat team structure and open communication.
- Experience with Elasticsearch and Redis
- Experience with distributed Data processing tools like Hadoop.
- Experience with workflow management tools such as Airflow, Luigi or similar.
- Experience with distributed architectures and microservices.
- Experience with cloud services (e.g. AWS, GCP, Azure), Containerization, configuration management and infrastructure automation.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Working with a brilliant, accomplished and diverse international team.
- A chance to gain knowledge about commodity trading and participate in our core trading operations.
- A chance to grow your expertise in areas of Machine learning and Artificial intelligence as you apply them to our core operations.
- A work friendly setting that values your health and well being at all times.
We are open to hiring across and beyond East Africa, and willing to help in your visa application.
Please send your CV/resume with an optional cover letter and a link to your public git
profile / portfolio to
email@example.com with the subject: Data Engineer