SENIOR FRONTEND DEVELOPER
At Cobblestone Energy we’re on a mission to build the best European electricity trading and analytics platform, with our products being used by our teams of commercial traders trading in markets across Europe. As part of our Technology team, you'll work on the exciting challenges that come with large-scale web traffic, analytics and data processing.
We work in an agile and highly collaborative environment and challenge the norms of traditional business leadership. We're looking for enthusiastic and resourceful frontend engineers who are passionate about building highly reliable and performant data visualization solutions. You want to help teams make data-informed decisions and take data-informed actions, you have a curious mindset, and you are motivated to understand our business better.
Technologies we use in the frontend:
- Databases: PostgreSQL, MongoDB.
- Messaging and Stream Processing: ActiveMQ, WebSockets.
- Frameworks : NodeJS, Electron, React.
- Libraries: ChartJS, D3js, TabulatorJs.
- Other services: AWS S3, AWS EC2.
- CI & CD: Bitbucket + Bash, Wine & Python
- Take end-to-end responsibility for designing, building, and maintenance of batch and real-time data visualization applications.
- Become an owner of a set of applications, be responsible for a given technical domain and participate in cross-project integrations processes with the Team.
- Choose and manage tools and technologies to build and support a highly performant front-end infrastructure.
- Be responsible for designing technical specs of projects, planning sprints and leading teams in building of solutions.
- Lead the timely delivery of highly stable and reliable data visualization applications while ensuring that all necessary monitoring and backup solutions are in place.
- Continuously re-evaluate and implement new technologies to maximize quality and efficiency.
- Mentor other team members through pair programming, code reviews, and ad-hoc assistance.
- Strong experience working with Data visualization technologies including Charting libraries, Tabulation technologies for Desktop and Web Applications.
- Strong Understanding of the Agile work methodology and ability to lead teams in the timely delivery of technological solutions.
- Good Experience with Caching technologies like Redis, Memcached and proficiency at Cache modelling.
- Experience with end-to-end testing of frontend applications and building robust test suites.
- A desire to work in a respectful, transparent, and transparent work environment that values initiative and innovation using a Flat team structure and open communication.
- Experience with Electron.Js and desktop application Cache management systems.
- Experience building automation tools that execute based on Realtime market data and insight.
- A good understanding of state management across front end technologies.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Working with a brilliant, accomplished and diverse international team.
- A chance to gain knowledge about commodity trading and participate in our core trading operations.
- A chance to work and grow with a very ambitious company and team.
We are open to hiring across and beyond East Africa, and willing to help in your visa application.
Please send your CV/resume with an optional cover letter and a link to your public git
profile / portfolio to
firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject: Senior Developer