TECHNICAL PROJECTS LEAD
At Cobblestone Energy we’re on a mission to build the best European electricity trading and analytics platform, with our products being used by our teams of commercial traders trading in markets across Europe. As the project lead of our Technology team, you'll work on the exciting challenges that come with project planning, technical specification design and implementation in an agile environment.
We work in an agile and highly collaborative environment and challenge the norms of traditional business leadership. We're looking for an enthusiastic and resourceful team lead who is passionate about building highly productive and effective engineering teams. You are motivated by the success of your teams and are talented at enabling team members deliver their best.
- Guide teams in this journey to learn together, grow as individuals and enjoy the effect of increased productivity
- Lead all efforts to process, clean and structure unstructured data for use by our teams and dependant software applications.
- Manage stakeholder requirements, expectations and task pipelines
- You are accountable for the team’s progress and delivery of targets.
- You guide your team-members in their learning journey and growth.
- You are responsible for team-building and play an important role in hiring great people.
- Monitor the progress of implantation and execution of projects in a high demand environment.
- Track quality assurance metrics and work with team leads to improve results.
- A strong desire to understand the technology but also the business and impact of data on it.
- The ability to structure and organize, plan and exucute work across cross-functional teams.
- Proven background in working with business stakeholders at all levels.
- Passion for improvement of the status quo, employees, tools and processes.
- Experience working in a data engineering / big-data work setting is a plus
- 3+ years Experience in leading a team of Data Engineers or Data specialists
- A desire to work in a respectful, transparent, and transparent work environment that values initiative and innovation using a Flat team structure and open communication.
- Good understanding of Agile project management methodologies and sprint planning.
- Experience with Data analysis tools like Pandas, Python and working with Data storage systems like relational databases.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Working with a brilliant, accomplished and diverse international team.
- A chance to directly contribute to the growth of our operations and profile through the delivery of critical technical solutions.
- A chance to work and grow with a very ambitious company and team.
We are open to hiring across and beyond East Africa, and willing to help in your visa application.
Please send your CV/resume with an optional cover letter and a link to your public git
profile / portfolio to
with the subject: Projects Lead